Last updated – April 27, 2022
If you have already created your online store and want to showcase your products to a larger audience, Facebook is a good option. It allows you to create a social media presence and interact with potential customers. This article will guide you on how to set up Facebook catalog for your WooCommerce store with a free plugin.
What is the Facebook catalog?
The Facebook catalog allows online store owners to display dynamic ads automatically to promote their products. The potential customers can easily see these ads and with just a click of a button, they will be redirected to your online store where they can make the purchase. It also allows you to add multiple products at the same time and display them like a carousel or slide images with a brief description of the products. You can even customize these catalogs to match your target audience and even run multiple ads for a different set of products.
To set up Facebook catalog for your WooCommerce store with a free plugin you need the following
- A WordPress website. Follow this step-by-step guide on How to Get Started with WordPress and Set Up your own Website Quickly.
- WooCommerce plugin installed and products must be uploaded. You can read this article on How to Create a WordPress & WooCommerce eCommerce Website.
- A Facebook account.
- Free plugin: CTX Feed – WooCommerce Product Feed Generator
Now that you have all the available assets we can discuss what are the benefits of setting up a Facebook catalog for your WooCommerce store.
- With Facebook, you can connect to a worldwide audience and provide exposure to your online store. Your ads can be shown to multiple countries and bought conveniently from your website.
- The audience looking for a particular product can easily access your catalogs and buy them directly from your website. This will increase website traffic and social presence.
- Get an insight into your customer behavior and track their analytical data. You can use that information to get more insights about your customers such as their location, time of interaction, preferences, device type, and much more. Use this data to customize your catalog feed and if required add or make changes to your WooCommerce store.
We can now proceed to learn how to set up a Facebook Catalog for your WooCommerce Store and learn more about the plugin.
CTX Feed is a free plugin that can be used to target global marketing and social media channels such as Google Shopping, Instagram, Pinterest, eBay, Facebook, and much more. It allows you to create a product catalog automatically which can be used for multiple channels.
It has more than 30000+ installations and is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars.
How to install the plugin
- Just go to the WordPress dashboard, then go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the search bar type ‘CTX Feed – WooCommerce Product Feed Generator’.
- Install the plugin and click the activate button.
- When it’s successfully installed. You will see the CTX Feed plugin options in the left bar. Click the Make Feed option.
- Country: Here you can select a country according to the region where you want to display your Facebook catalog.
- Template: Select a template type that is suitable for your ads. Here I will select Facebook Catalog/Instagram
- File Name: Name your catalog file.
- File Type: Select a file type. It’s better to select the CSV file format because it is supported by the Facebook Commerce manager, which we will discuss later.
- And keep the rest of the options as default. Scroll down, here you can customize attributes.
Scroll down, here you will see attribute options that can be customized. In the Google product category select your product type. For example, I will select Apparel and accessories. When you are done click the Update and Generate feed button.
It will automatically start generating a feed for the selected product category. When it’s done, you will see a screen like below.
You can download the CSV file from the down arrow action button. The file will be downloaded to your local system.
Setting up a Facebook page
Now let’s proceed to Facebook and create a new page for your WooCommerce Store. If you have already created a Facebook page you can use the existing one. From your Facebook profile, go to the Menu and in the Create section, select the Page option.
In the Page information use the following details.
Page name: Provide a unique name to compliment your online store.
Category: Select the desired category according to your product type i.e. Apparel & clothing
Description: You can provide a brief description for your WooCommerce store or leave it blank for now. When you are done, click the Create Page button.
Setting up Facebook Commerce Manager
Now, go to facebook’s commerce manager. It can be used to create your Facebook catalogs and also customize them. Click the Get Started button to start.
Here, you will see 2 options. Choose the Create a Catalog option and click the Get started button.
This will take you to another window. Select the E-Commerce option and click the Next button.
Choose the Upload Product Info option, Select your Facebook page and write a catalog name then, click the Create button.
Your Facebook catalog is ready, click the View Catalog option.
This will take you to the dashboard. Here, click the option Add items button.
Now, from the available options select Data feed and click the Next button.
In this step, you can select the File upload option and click the Next button.
Here you can upload the CSV file that you downloaded using the plugin on WordPress.
After clicking the Next button, name your database and select your default currency. When you are all done click Upload.
It will start uploading your product catalog.
You are now ready to show your catalog on Facebook. This is how your products will be displayed on Facebook feeds. It will directly link to your WooCommerce store where customers can purchase the products.
Just follow these steps to set up Facebook catalog for your WooCommerce store with a free plugin and start selling your products through one of the biggest social media networks. After your catalog feeds start to display on Facebook don’t forget to make required changes to your target audience or customize your feeds. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or doubts you can use the comment section below.